Monday, October 20, 2008

smpx 18: mac & cheese


Lisa sent me this video of Kenny Shopsin making his famous mac & cheese pancakes. I knew we had to try them right away. It was as easy as adding cooked macaroni to the pancakes while on the griddle, then topping them with some cheese before flipping. The cheese made a really tasty crust and the inside was still gooey and cheesy.

We think these were better in concept than execution. I really wanted to like them, and usually we're all for the weirdness, but these were just... not that good.

**
We give mac & cheese pancakes 2/5 stars. We bumped Oreo back because of these, so we'll get back on track next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that these did not come out as tasty as they looked. I had such high hopes! Oh well. Looking forward to Oreo pancakes.